In 2014, the State Board of Education approved the standard 10-point grading scale. Grades, as well as quality point calculations, will be applied as follows:
- A 90-10
- B: 80-89
- C: 70-79
- D: 60-69
- F: ≤ 59
Grade Point Average (GPA) is computed as follows on a 4.0 scale:
- Standard Courses: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1 and F=0
- Honors Courses (all core courses): A=4.5, B=3.5, C=2.5, D=1.5 and F=0
- AP Courses (offered as elective courses): A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and F=0
- Additional quality points are considered in weighted GPA
- Weighted GPA: calculated by totaling the number of weighted quality points for each class and dividing this number by the total number of credits.
- Unweighted GPA: calculated by totaling the number of quality points (excluding honors or AP quality points) and dividing by the total number of credits.