In 2014, the State Board of Education approved the standard 10-point grading scale. Grades, as well as quality point calculations, will be applied as follows:
- A 90-10
- B: 80-89
- C: 70-79
- D: 60-69
- F: ≤ 59
Grade Point Average (GPA) is computed as follows on a 4.0 scale:
- Standard Courses: A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1 and F=0
- Honors Courses (all core courses): A=4.5, B=3.5, C=2.5, D=1.5 and F=0
- AP Courses (offered as elective courses): A=5, B=4, C=3, D=2 and F=0
- Additional quality points are considered in weighted GPA
- Weighted GPA: calculated by totaling the number of weighted quality points for each class and dividing this number by the total number of credits.
- Unweighted GPA: calculated by totaling the number of quality points (excluding honors or AP quality points) and dividing by the total number of credits.
Tracking Student Work
All students will track their work completion with the use of their checklist as well as with weekly logins to PowerSchool. Parents are strongly encouraged to check PowerSchool on a regular basis. This allows you to know whether your child is consistently on time with not only turning in but also mastering assignments as well as actual grades.