We don’t like to talk about it, but we all know fundraising is necessary for the continued growth and success of Sedgefield Montessori. It’s also, however, a great way to make connections with other Montessori families and an opportunity to teach the kiddos about making a difference in their community. Our goal is to raise money without requiring our children to engage in door-to-door sales, while also making a meaningful impact with funds raised. If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to participate in one or more of the following fundraisers:
- Contribute to our Invest in Secondary Montessori Program. If you are willing to take charge of this campaign, please contact Dara Whittle.
- Purchase spirit wear. Be on the lookout for our next sale, which will be advertised on our website and Facebook. Contact Rachel Rodden for more questions.
- Payment of PTO membership dues is another way in which parents can help with our fundraising efforts. Print the membership form here, and send in with your payment to school. Contact Katie Parks for more information.
- Link your Harris Teeter Vic card, Bi-Lo Bonuscard, Target Red Card and Amazon accounts to SEDGEFIELD MONTESSORI. This must be done each year in order for us to receive the benefit of your spending at these retailers. Ask your friends and family to link their cards, and a percentage of their purchases goes to Sedgefield Montessori.
- Cut and collect BoxTops 4 Education, and send them in to school to your child’s homeroom teacher.
- Kids Camp is another fundraising event we have done in the past that is still in need of a parent to lead this effort. Kids Camp is great because it enables our kids to earn their own money. Contact Dara Whittle for more information.
- Do a Google search for “Earn FREE Stuff for Your School,” and you will find numerous avenues for fundraising. If you would like to be a fundraising volunteer or if you have any questions, concerns or ideas concerning fundraising, please contact Roscoe Hood.